Comment on page
The changes made for each release of the gtag extension.
Below are all of the changes for each version of the gtag extension. You can see your installed version at the bottom of every gtag page (extension configuration or actions), as well as the Extensions tab in the Launch interface.
- Fixed an issue with newer GA4 properties not sending a page view as expected.
- Fixed an issue with "Display Features" checkbox not properly saving a selected data element.
Internal testing version
- Fix issue with "Allow Incoming" (Google Analytics cross domain tracking setting) checkbox not properly saving when unchecked.
linker.domainsfrom being included in the configuration when no domains are configured in the extension.
NOTE: If you had previously depended on all domains getting the linker parameters (
_gl) you will need to define your domains to add the parameters to. Read more about this feature over at Google's developer documentation.
- Added additional error handling for accounts that were removed in the extension configuration, but not in the rule actions.
- Removed references to
_satellite.buildInfo.environmentso you no longer get those pesky deprecation warnings in your browser's console.
- Fixed the full options/settings object not being passed to page view calls. This was preventing some integrations to work properly.
- Added "Integrations" to Google Analytics for easier Optimize setup.
- Updated the the new accounts popup to allow for Google Analytics v4 (formerly App+Web) account IDs.
- You are no longer limited to just non-negative integers in event values - values can now be floats and will be converted as such. Some tools (GA) will only accept integers, so those values will be rounded.
- If you attempt to pre-load the library multiple times, you'll now receive a notice in the console that you've already loaded the library. This was previously in place but was never executed.
The initial release of the gtag extension!